Wednesday 8 April 2020

Altered Lantern Fairy House - Mixed media Project

When you have limited supply and you still want to craft, you alter things 😁
Here I have altered a lantern. 


I primed it with black gesso inside and out after removing the glasses first! (Trust me, not an easy job! But a necessity step if u want your glasses to remain unstained with paints). After the priming was done I used a mix of acrylic and chalk paints to give the galaxy look to the walls. I sprayed on some white chalk paints to give the starlit night effect. And arbitrarily added few sparkly ones. To give texture I added few embellishments.


Replaced my glasses carefully back in and filled the inner floor with some fibres, branches  and pearls to give a cloudy heavenly look πŸ˜‡


I wanted moon to be my focal point as I dint have anything readily available, I cut a crescent from thermocol coated it with mixed media paste and gave it a coarse uneven surface to match the moon's surface. Shaded it slightly with some blacks, Greys, silver to make it look as natural as possible.


For the AngelπŸ‘Ό, I used a resin embellishment I got from Archu's Art World and coated it with metallic waxes that I wanted to color it with.
To finish off, I added few flowers and fillers to enhance the overall look of my Altered Lantern Fairy House 🧚🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️


This can be used as a home decor, office desk decor, add a few fairy lights and it can be a beautiful night lamp too πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒ

Hope you guys like it πŸ₯°

#mixedmedispaste #blackgesso #pearls #flowers #fairydust #resinembellishment #fairy #angel #fairyhouse #homedecor #Prikablogchallenge #prika #starsmoonandgalaxy #alteredlantern #mixedmedia #nightlamp #paroskraftology #mixedmediaart #blogchallengewithprika


Participating in the following Challenges:

Participating in the following monthly Challenges

1. Bleeding Art- March Challenge - Anything Goes


2. Prika's March Blog Challenge 

6 comments:

  1. Amazing alteration , thank u so much for participating in our march blog challenge, stars, moon & galaxy theme !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for appreciating my work πŸ˜ŠπŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, amazing creation, thanks for joining us at bleeding art blog!
    DT-shraddha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much πŸ˜ŠπŸ’• I am glad u liked it 😊

      Delete
  4. What a stunning take on galaxy theme. Thank you for playing along Prika's March monthly challenge.
    XO Jaishree
    Prika Blog Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much 😊 I am glad you liked it 😊

    ReplyDelete

Penny's Paper-Crafty DT Project Challenge #492

Here is my card Using  Paper Nest Dolls  image Ellie In A Box. As usual, the challenge is Anything Goes using paper. We have two...

Popular Blogs from Paro's Kraftology